Hanson Robotics’ most advanced human-like robot, Sophia -is a unique combination of science, engineering, and artistry. Sophia was 1st turned on February 14 2016 and made her first public appearance at South by the Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, United States.
Sophia is a social humanoid robot who easily interacts with people and capable to show human-like expressions. It’s created for research, education and helps promote public discussion about AI ethics and the future of robotics. Sophia becomes a “Saudi Arabian Citizen”, the world’s first robot citizenship of any country and the first robot innovation Ambassador for the United Nations Development Programme.
- Manufacturer: Hanson Robotics
- Inventor: David Hanson
- Purpose: Technology demonstrator
- Height: 167 cm | 65.7 in
- Width : 41 cm | 16 in
- Weight : 20 kg | 45 lb
- Country: China
- Year: 2016
- Type: Humanoids, Entertainment, Research
Sophia Robot features:
- Sophia is a realistic humanoid robot and it is categorized as a female AI Robot.
- Sophia has a human-like appearance, behavior, and 62 facial expressions.
- Sophia’s eyes are the type of a camera, Sophia’s eye is designed with algorithms and camera to let see her ‘
- The camera and algorithms are designed to Sophia see.
- AI help Sophia interact with any human and she can also learn the social skill from it.
- Sophia not only shows the human expressions but also imitates human gestures.
- Sophia uses speech recognition technology from Alphabet Inc.-parent company of Google.
- SingularityNET is made powerful brain of Sophia robot
- Sophia is modeled after Audrey Hepburn (1929-1993) a British actress recognized as film and fashion icon.
- She can easily use her artificial intelligence, facial expressions, and visual data processing.
My views on Sophia
Well speaking Sophia is smarter than most people. it’s starting of a new age where Artificial intelligence and Human Intelligence can work together for the growth of society. Sophia robot is a good example of great innovation and we can improve it further. The things we need to remember, from our history that the end control should always be in our hand so we can control if something could go wrong.
We just need to be prepared for any problems if come in future to tackle, But should be ready to improve our innovation forward also.