Date: July 19-20, 2021 | Time: 02:00 PM – 04:00 PM
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) plays a vital role in enhancing the socio-economic prosperity of the country. Creativity and innovation are new drivers of the world economy. With the increasing relevance of Intellectual Property (IP) in this era of globalization, it is important to recognize the role which IP systems play in the growth of the Nation. Thus, there is a need to create large public awareness about the pivotal role of IPR in the globalized knowledge economy. With the
view to create awareness on the significance of IPR to the people from various sectors in the Country, Scrollwell is organizing a two days Online Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights. The Workshop is intended to cover various aspects of IPR like Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks, etc.
● To catalyze awareness about Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) among people with
special reference to patenting
● To provide an understanding of basic concepts of IPR related terminology.
● To guide individuals about patent drafting, formulation of claims, and filing
Topics to be covered
Introduction to IPR
● Importance & Advantages of IPR
● Types of IPR
● International Agreements, Treaties and Conventions
● Historical Background of Patent System
● Introduction to organization and website
● What is Patent?
● Patentability Criteria, Novelty and Inventive step Industrial application
● What is not patentable and not Anticipations?
● Examples Who can apply for a Patent application?
● Where to file an application?
● Types of Patent applications
● General procedure for Patent filing.
Documents required for filing
● Forms and Fees, Flowchart, Timelines
● Priority date of filing, Effects of Priority Dates
● Publication of Application/Patent Office Journal
● Request for Examination
● Examination of Application
● Exercise on Forms filling
● Provisional specification and Complete specification
● Patent Searching, International Patent Classification
● Withdrawal of Application
● Post- dating of Application
● Foreign filing permission
● Secrecy Directions
● Grant of patent, Term , Renewal and Maintenance of Patent
● Amendments in the application before and after grant
● Rights, Duties of Patentee
● Question & Answer, Evaluation & Feedback
Focused Audience: The expected participants of the program includes
● Students, Research Scholars, Professors, Lecturers, Government officials, or any other interested person.
● Members of Innovation cell, Entrepreneurship cell
● Grassroot Innovators and Emerging Entrepreneurs
● Professionals from Industries, SME’s, Research & Development and Scientists.
● IPR related persons from IPR cell, knowledge process outsourcing (KPO)/ LPO.