BIRAC, NASSCOM and NASSCOM Foundation launched Innovation Challenge-“जनCARE” in collaboration with GCI, is a nationwide “Discover – Design – Scale” program, envisioned to identify Innovative health-tech solutions from Start-ups for strengthening the Healthcare Delivery in India. The platform is looking for technology interventions that can create a positive impact on healthcare delivery especially the affordability, accessibility and quality of services.
The affordable HealthTech solutions could potentially address the unmet needs of about 65% of population which is deprived of adequate primary health care. The challenge focuses mainly on innovations that can work in low resource settings at Public Healthcare Centres (PHCs), Community Healthcare Centers (CHCs), and Sub-Centers etc. in rural and semi-urban locations across the Nation.
Key Features of the call
- Discover the Best HealthTech solutions that can work in Low Resource Settings.
- Launch Pilot through Testbeds: Winners and some of the shortlisted applicants to be given an opportunity to implement their solutions through a pilot in collaboration with state governments and Industry experts.
- Evangelize successful pilots to scale up Digital adoption levels across the country: After successful validation of the solutions through the pilot test beds the healthcare outcomes will be published and popularized for scaling the solutions for wider adoption
- Applicants must comply with the definition of start-ups (pl refer DPIIT notification vide order no G.S.R. 127(E) dated 19th February 2019).
- Indian Startups at Technology Readiness Level 7 (TRL7) and above are eligible to apply. Refer the Application form for the definition of TRLs.
- HealthTech Products & Solutions being developed should not have violated/ breached any copyrights or patents either in India or Globally.
- Upto 5 Technology bundles consisting of upto 25 Health Tech Innovations selected after multiple rounds of screening. Each Technology bundle will be consisting of upto 5 winners i.e. 1 lead innovation and upto 4 finalist innovations
- The selected winners after the Local Deployability Fit assessment would receive an opportunity of field validation studies in the Test Beds at pre-selected sites. The field validation studies will be performed in qualified monitoring at the low resource settings. The lead innovation would receive Rs 5 lakh award and the other upto 4 finalist innovations would receive Rs 2 lakh award each. Each bundle would look at a comprehensive package of technologies for therapeutic area(s) For example: Maternal/ Child Care, NonCommunicable Disease Management, Total eye care etc.
How to Register?
Interested applicants can register for the challenge through this link.
- Call announcement: 24th December 2020 on MyGov, BIRAC, and NASSCOM online portals
- Last date for submission of EoIs: 31st January 2021 at 5:30 pm at BIRAC portal
- Evaluation and short listing of EoIs: Feb 2021
- Technical Assessment of the EoIs: Mar 2021
- Jury Presentation Round for the shortlisted applicants: April 2021
- Announcement of the Shortlisted Winners: April 2021
- Local Deployability Fit assessment of the selected winners to further refine short listed innovations for Pilot studies: May 2021
- Due diligence and Finalizing agreements with the selected startups and carrying out various other related activities: May 2021
- Initiation of pilot studies: July 2021 onwards
- Dissemination of results and showcase success of Innovation: Dec 2021 onwards
For any queries, please send mail to NASSCOM: LIHF@nasscom.in and BIRAC:email@example.com
For more details, click the link below.