Celebrating its third anniversary,
the largest teacher training initiative
National Institute of Technology Delhi Extends PhD Program Application Deadline
Note: To improve SEO optimization, the article will be divided into sections with appropriate headings.
The National Institute of Technology Delhi, an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Education, Government of India, has recently announced an extension for the application submission deadline for its full-time Ph.D. program. This program is offered under the prestigious Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT, sponsored by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India. Know more
Updated Application Deadline
In a corrigendum dated 22nd September 2023, NIT Delhi officially extended the last date for the submission of applications. The new application deadline is October 19, 2023. This extension provides prospective applicants with additional time to prepare and submit their applications.
Revised Important Dates
To ensure you stay informed about the application process, here are the revised dates for key activities related to the admission process:
1. Last Date for Submission of Application Form
October 19, 2023
2. Display of Eligible Candidates List
October 25, 2023
3. Date for PhD Selection Process
November 7 – 8, 2023
The selection process includes a written test followed by a presentation and interview to identify the most deserving candidates.
4. Notification of Selected Candidates
November 9, 2023
5. Deposition of Fee (Online)
November 28 – 29, 2023
6. Date of Admission/Registration
December 3, 2023
Eligibility for PhD Program
To be eligible for the Ph.D. program at NIT Delhi, candidates must meet certain educational qualifications:
- Option 1: Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology (CSE/IT/ECE/EE) or a Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/Technology (CSE/IT/ECE/EE) with a good academic record.
- Option 2: Candidates who hold a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (CSE/IT/ECE/EE) with a good academic record and a valid GATE score in an eligible discipline.
- Option 3: Candidates who have obtained a four-year Bachelor’s or integrated Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Sciences from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with a good academic record in the relevant discipline, provided they have a minimum CGPA of 8 (7.5 for OBC-NCL and 7.0 for SC/ST/PwD) on a 10.0 point scale.
Financial Support for PhD Candidates
NIT Delhi offers substantial financial support to full-time Ph.D. candidates through the Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme:
- Fellowship: Rs. 38,750/- per month in the 1st and 2nd years, and Rs. 43,750/- per month in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th years of the Ph.D. program. This support continues until the completion of the Ph.D. or up to 5 years, whichever is earlier.
- Research Contingency Grant Support: An amount of Rs. 1.20 Lakh per year is provided to each full-time Ph.D. candidate as support for their research endeavors.