Applications are invited for User Researcher at Flipkart, Bangalore for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
Flipkart is India’s largest e-commerce marketplace with a registered customer base of over 150 million. In the 10 years since we started, Flipkart has come to offer over 100 million products across 120+ categories including Smartphones, Books, Media, Consumer Electronics, Furniture, Fashion, and Lifestyle.
Essential: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Psychology, Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology /Sociology or related field. 2-4 years of experience with having worked in a dynamic product or design agency environment which involves cross-functional parts.
User Researcher 1 would be expected for conceiving, planning, conducting, and identifying the best method based on research goals and resources for both generative (participatory design) and evaluative (usability testing) research.
The role would involve developing a deeper knowledge about the users, their behavior, and attitude in the product area. In charge of uncovering user behaviors, needs, tension points, and drivers by conducting primary research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, and usability testing. You should be comfortable conducting interviews and diary studies online/ virtual setup. You should also be comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis to design and presentation.
- Showcase adequate knowledge about UXR fundamentals and approaches aka Qualitative, Quantitative methodologies; Evaluative and Generative and be well versed with popular research methodologies like Usability Testing, Contextual Enquiries, 1:1 User Interviews, FGDs etc.
- Showcase the ability to apply research knowledge to identify possible research approaches to address the problem to yield clear, relevant and rich answers to the research questions.
- Display skills across the research cycle, ability to prepare research documents individually like Research proposals, Discussion Guides, Recruitment Screeners, Findings Report etc. and showcase motivation of improving their outputs with guidance from seniors in the team
- Display natural and customer-centric interview moderation skills
- Ability to work with external vendors in certain situations and be equipped to brief the external agency, back-checking and scheduling interviews in case a situation demands.
- Make interesting finding reports, rich in storytelling and showcase an ability to communicate the findings with confidence and high articulation to stakeholders.
Product & Cross Team functionality
- Be well versed with the user group of the product area – acquire a fair knowledge of the user by going through previous user studies/ through participating PM-Design-Research discussions
- Engage with PMs and Designers in effective discussions to decode (simple) problem statements (Complex once with guidance)
- Participate in briefing meetings and gather information about the problem statement, able to frame and ask questions to get more clarity on the problem statement
- Work constructively with partner teams.